Your success is not dependent on a life free of challenges.
Every person experiences loss, trials, and pain. Our ability to skillfully surf the rough waters is what brings us reward.
A painful history does not have to stand in the way of your happiness.
The most contented people are those who have used the difficulties of the past to gain perspective and appreciation for what is possible in the present.
Thoughts of the future do not have to bring up worry or fear of the unknown.
When one has developed a strong sense of self and the ability to be flexible in the face of change or challenge, every new day can be met with interest and joy.
How does therapy help?
Psychotherapy is a powerful force for change that is anchored by a trusting therapeutic relationship. There is no one way to experience therapy and there is no determined timeline; every person is unique and the nature and process of care is accordingly tailored to that individual.
Psychotherapy is not a passive experience, it requires a very active effort to encourage change. active participation in treatment can lead to:
- Achieving greater personal awareness and insight.
- Recognizing unhelpful behavioral patterns and developing more effective habits.
- Increasing self-care and health, experiencing greater energy and stamina.
- Experiencing a decrease in problematic physical symptoms.
- Enhancing self-esteem and noticing a significant reduction in emotional distress.
- Finding resolutions to the issues and concerns that brought you into therapy.
- Learning how to think creatively and problem-solve effectively.
- Learning how to sharpen your focus and increase concentration.
- Experiencing greater satisfaction in interpersonal relationships and at work.
- Learning how to communicate needs and attune to the needs of others.
- Learning new and effective coping strategies for managing anxiety, sadness, and daily pressures.
- Experiencing the resiliency to move with, not fight against, the unavoidable pain we all experience in our lifetime.
- Experiencing contentment and hope in spite of everyday challenges and periodic crises.
- Embodying the newfound confidence to create a life that nourishes and empowers you.